A first responder is someone designated or trained to respond to an emergency. A person (such as a police officer or an EMT) who is among those responsible for going immediately to the scene of an accident or emergency to provide assistance. A first responder is a person who is likely to be among the first people to arrive at and assist at the scene of an emergency such as an accident, natural disaster, or terrorist attack, and has received training for this. First responders typically include police officers, firefighters, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, rescuers, deputy sheriffs and others who have joined voluntary organizations connected with this type of work.
During this season of Advent and into the new year, we will explore the Scriptures to discuss, The Original First Responder, Jesus. And discuss The Significance of the Advent for New Covenant Believers: The Divine Initiative of God to bring believers worldwide under new management by way of a better and New Covenant.
- Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; And attend to the voice of my supplications.
7 In the day of my trouble, I will call upon You, For You will answer me. 8 Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord; Nor are there any works like Your works. (Ps. 86:6-8)
- He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. (Ps. 91:15)
- I called on the Lord in distress; The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place. 6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? (Ps. 118:5-6)
- God, is the original first responder. In times of trouble, distress, or difficulties God invites us to call upon Him. To be able to call upon Him speaks to the truth that He is “Within Reach”! He is near, He is accessible, He is relevant, He is relatable, and He is available!
- God, is the original first responder. In times of trouble, distress, or difficulties God will answer those who call on Him. To know that He will answer speaks to the truth that He will “Respond”! God is not removed and distant from us. He is not an absentee Landlord. He is not an aloof Creator. He will come, He will be present, He will manifest His glory and show up and show out; showing Himself to be strong on your behalf, He will not leave you hanging, He will not leave you nor forsake you!
- As “The Original First Responder” — “He will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will He in any degree leave you helpless], nor will He forsake or let you down or relax His hold on you [assuredly not]!” (Hebrews 13:5)
- Come on, let’s celebrate this TRUTH! As He Was, So He Is! If you’re in trouble call on Him, He will answer!
- Seeing the Advent as The Original First Responder in Action and Its Significance for New Covenant Believers Today.
- Remember we are in the season of “Rebuilding on the Right Foundation” and I want you to be able to accurately handle and skillfully teach the Word of Truth; I don’t want to be ashamed of the work—I want you to be able to lay out the Truth plain and simple. (2 Tim. 2:15).
- Over the next 2 months, our focus will be the Advent, The Birth of Christ, The Incarnation – Jesus, the Son of God, The Original First Responder, who took on human flesh and came into the world to deliver us.
- THE WHAT?—(John 1:14, 16-18, AMP)—And the Word (Christ) became flesh, and lived among us, and we [actually] saw His glory, glory as belongs to the [One and] only begotten Son of the Father, [the Son who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, who is] full of grace and truth (absolutely free of deception). 16 For out of His fullness [the superabundance of His grace and truth], we have all received grace upon grace [spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing, favor upon favor, and gift heaped upon gift]. 17 For the Law was given through Moses, but grace [the unearned, undeserved favor of God] and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God [His essence, His divine nature] at any time; the [One and] only begotten God [that is, the unique Son] who is in the intimate presence of the Father, He has explained Him [and interpreted and revealed the awesome wonder of the Father].
- THE WHY?—(Luke 2:1-14)—Now in those days—a period of time in the past, that is marked by events that distinguish it from another a period of time in the past. While they were there [in Bethlehem], the time came for her to give birth (Lu.2:6). There were sheepherders camping in the neighborhood. They had set night watches over their sheep. Suddenly, God’s angel stood among them and God’s glory blazed around them. They were terrified. The angel said, “Don’t be afraid. I’m here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David’s town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master. (Lu. 2:9-11)
- THE WHY?—(Galatians 3:1-4:7)—4 But when [in God’s plan] the proper time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the [regulations of the] Law, 5 so that He might redeem and liberate those who were under the Law, that we [who believe] might be adopted as sons [as God’s children with all rights as fully-grown members of a family] (Gal. 4:4-5)
- Jesus, the Son of God is the Original First Responder, and He came into the world to deliver believers from the bondage of the law and sin. His coming is His response to our need for a Savior! He came that we may be free from sin, self-effort, self-righteousness, performance-based living and worship, legalism, shame, guilt, condemnation, inferiority, competition, fear and the like…by making us righteous, that we would have and enjoy life and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows) under a new covenant (under new management).