We all know the enemy is out to kill, steal and destroy and our finances, are not exempt from his tactics. As we learned, this past Sunday there are seven lies the enemy tells us about our finances that, in this season, we need to let go of.
- God wants us to be poor Deuteronomy 8:16-18, AMP, 2 Corinthians 9:8, AMP, 2 Corinthians 9:10-11, AMP
- Money is bad and it is the root of all evil 1 Timothy 6:9-10, AMP
- We can serve God and Mammon Matthew 6:24, AMP. Luke 16:13-14, AMP
- God has a problem with us being wealthy and having stuff Mark 10:22-25, AMP
- My finances are too tight for me to give 2 Corinthians 8:1-4, MSG, 1 Kings 17:8-16, NLT, Mark 12:41-44, NKJV
- Giving should be the last priority Proverbs 3:9-10, NKJV, Proverbs 11:25, AMP, Matthew 6:33, AMP
- I’ve worked too hard for what I have and just giving my money away isn’t worth the sweat that I put into making it. Acts 10:31, AMP, Philippians 4:17, 19, AMP, Luke 6:38, MSG
But in the midst of the seven lies, there’s one truth that comes straight from the source, Matthew: 21: 12-13 AMP.
12 And Jesus went into the temple (whole temple enclosure) and drove out all who bought and sold in the sacred place, and He turned over the four-footed tables of the money changers and the chairs of those who sold doves. 13 He said to them, The Scripture says, My house shall be called a house of prayer; but you have made it a den of robbers.
So, what’s the take away from this! Here are three points our Executive Pastor, Keith Echols presented.
- Cultivate your relationship with Christ (Revelations 3:20) Our relationship with Christ is dynamic. It is always evolving and changing.
- Unrestricted Access (Psalms 27:1) Don’t Compartmentalize Christ. He is Lord of our Life not just Lord in our Life.
- Avoid complacency and stagnation.Get comfortable being uncomfortable. Ritualistic religious behavior will have you dependent upon a process/system and not Christ.
Ready to let go of the lies, and live abundantly, Register for your Abundant Living Concepts course presented by Trinity Financial Coaching.