Today’s Discussion Subject:
- Resurrection Power In Real-Time
- John 11:21-27, MSG — 21-22 Martha said, “Master, if you’d been here, my brother wouldn’t have died. Even now, I know that whatever you ask God he will give you.” 23 Jesus said, “Your brother will be raised up.” 24 Martha replied, “I know that he will be raised up in the resurrection at the end of time.” 25-26 “You don’t have to wait for the End. I am, right now, Resurrection and Life. The one who believes in me, even though he or she dies, will live. And everyone who lives believing in me does not ultimately die at all. Do you believe this?” 27 “Yes, Master. All along I have believed that you are the Messiah, the Son of God who comes into the world.”
- Ephesians 1:19-20, NLT — 19 I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power 20 that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.
- Key Words
- Resurrection in Real-Time – Jesus’ Victory over Death (which is the last enemy to be destroyed) is a PRESENT REALITY! Jesus is with us, He is present to dispense life even while our enemies are trying to take it away (still, kill, and destroy)!
- Discussion Questions:
- What difference did the presence of Jesus make in the lives of Martha, Mary, and Lazarus?
- What does it mean to face death, this pandemic, or another adverse issue of life in the company of Jesus?
- What evidence can you point to in your life that is proof that you understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for you who believe Him?