May 6, 2020
11:30 am & 7:00 pm
Today’s Discussion Subject:
- IN CHRIST in the Crisis! volume 3
- Romans 12:1-2, MSG
- 1-2 So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
- Ephesians 4:20-24, MSG
- 20-24 But that’s no life for you. You learned Christ! My assumption is that you have paid careful attention to him, been well instructed in the truth precisely as we have it in Jesus. Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything—and I do mean everything—connected with that old way of life has to go. It’s rotten through and through. Get rid of it! And then take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces his character in you.
- Psalm 4:1,8, KJV
- Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. 8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
- Remember we are focusing on being IN CHRIST in the crisis. Maintaining our identity in all times. Avoiding operating in Crisis Mode and having that become a way of life.
- Explain the danger that you perceive in conformity to the world. (Romans 12:1-2)
- What are you as a Christian disciple in Christ accountable for? (Ephesians 4:20-24)
- What posture should the Christian disciples have in the time of crisis? (Psalm 4:1,8)