“The Aftermath: The Pathology of the Pit”
June 28, 2020
Text: 2 Samuel 13
Supporting Scriptures: James 4:1-3, James 1:13-15, Luke 11:33-35, Galatians 6:7-8
- Have you ever been in precarious predicament and wonder how did I get here? What happened? What wrong turn did we take? What is the QBQ (the question behind the question)?
- The pathology of the pit – is about exploring the pathology of trauma…
- The pathology of rape, the pathology of sexual violence, the pathology of racism, the pathology of white privilege, the pathology of white supremacy, the pathology of sin. We know that this trauma is not normal! We know that this is not what God intended!
- All of these issues are not normal
- We must not allow them to become normal as we attempt to address them
- We must not be bullied into disremembering thus allowing for them to go accounted for
- Normalization, disremembering, silent protesting only furthers the perpetuation of the trauma and the continued victimizations of the those violated, dehumanized, disrespected, disgraced, and devalued. It is not normal to live your life bitter and in desolation!