Sunday, July 12, 2020
TIMES OF REFRESHING SERIES vol 1
“Getting Your Second Wind”
- “So repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret past sins] and return [to God—seek His purpose for your life], so that your sins may be wiped away [blotted out, completely erased], so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord [restoring you like a cool wind on a hot day]” (Acts 3:19, AMP).
- “I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle” (Ecclesiastes 9:11a)
- “But the one who endures to the end will be saved” (Matthew 24:13)
- Times of Refreshing – A fixed, definite, and appointed time for the recovery of breath, bring much-needed (much-welcomed) relief.
- Second Wind – After having been out of breath a new strength or energy to continue something that is an effort. Renewed energy or endurance.
EXAMPLE & APPLICATION
- When do you need a “second wind”?
- When you need to make a comeback
- When you’ve been counted out
- When you want to quit
- When you got to do what you got to do
- When God wants you to finish