Lifeworks Touch Groups, September 16, 2020
“The Kingdom of God: From Revelation to Revolution”
Why Preach about the Kingdom? And Why Now? Because Jesus said in Matthew 24:14, (NLT) – “And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations (all peoples) will hear it; and then the end will come.” Beloved, the times that we are living in demand that we are “Kingdom Focused” and have wisdom, revelation knowledge, and understanding of the times, and a strategy for who to be and what to do in them.
Today, let’s talk about, King Jesus, His Kingdom, and His Church
- We should realize by now that none of the governments human beings have produced are working: dictatorship, monarchy, democracy, socialism, communism…none of them. That is because they all belong to the kingdom of darkness, with which people have affiliated since our earliest ancestors first declared independence from the original King.
- KING JESUS
- (Hebrews 1:1-3, NKJV) — “God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high”
- (Isaiah 9:6, NKJV) – “For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
- How is Jesus uniquely qualified to BE the KING of the Kingdom of God?
- Is Jesus your King? Why or Why not?
- HIS KINGDOM
- (John 18:36-37, NKJV) – “Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” 37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”
- What is the significance of Jesus’ Kingdom not being of this world?
- HIS CHURCH
- (John 17:14-19, NKJV) – “ 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.
- What does it mean for His Church to be in the world, but not of the world?